Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sometimes ...

So, usually I'm full of what I'm wearing ... what's going on etc, where I've been going ... hell today I'm a little blank. Yesterday my girl was admitted to hospital ... I was out for most of the day trying to keep my mind off things because if I sat around the house and thought about it all, well I would have gone stir crazy - you know - that feeling when you try to think of other things but your mind just won't let things rest.

So last night, I came home around 6 - had to take the puppies out etc, had to at some point come home and face the fact that she wasn't there. My apartment has NEVER felt so empty ... I basically bullshitted my night away burying myself in work that had to be done, catching up on emails.

When it came to going to sleep (and you all know how much I love my rest) I just lay there with my eyes wide open ... watched movies ... Black Snake Moan, Step Up, ETC ... watched cartoons ... Family Guy, hell even watched a documentary on a high security prison. STILL NO SLEEP. Curled up on the L shape sofa I love so much and looked out of the window - the city looks so peaceful at night, and I love it.

So I've come to realize that you should never take ANYONE for granted - that's probably the worst thing you could do, appreciate every time spent with them and make the things you do and say count.

x Ms. E




No comments: