Saturday, July 12, 2008

New Perspective

Where ... Virginia via Philly.
Who ... Ms. "On Vacation"
What ... sitting in my hotel suite staying out of the sun!!

Last night was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S ... there isn't anything like watching some ghetto boxing .. n now I remember how much I missed going to fights. It's a lot of fun. Needless to say I always have my favorites and sit there looking all tense hoping they win ;). One Puerto Rican trainer was SO much like my grandfather it was crazy. I kept wondering why he looked so familiar and he honestly reminded me of him. I never gave that man enough credit up until now but last night watching how this trainer was yelling at his fighter well it reminded me of my grandfather so much ... how it'd seem like he was yelling at you for no reason and just being a general bastard but then you realized how proud of you he in fact was. Through all his faults my grandfather tried to show me his better side irrespective of him being hard for him and he really did toughen me up. (Like my dad says ... "your grandfather was hard as nails") So yeh ... I really liked that guy when I saw him get all passionate about the kid fighting ... on the other hand I would not like to be on the receiving end of his taining regime in some back alley philly gym ... I'll stick to Club H and Juliett my trainer lol.
Needless to say, I'm not about to be going anywhere looking tore up. So I threw on some sergio rossi gold heels, white wifebeater, indigo denim skinny J Brand jeans and my Chloe bag with the gold padlock.
We had the entire Philly hood contingent sitting right behind our heads outside of the officials area (thank god we were inside that) ... who were screaming exact instructions to their boy on how to beat the dude in the ring. PLEASE ... Y'all couldn't win a pillow fight ... hush your noise. But it was nice that they were there showing support.
I always notice with boxing that people walk around like they're the president. Granted some of these boxers do deserve props, but, please do not be walking past me like your balls are too big to fit in your jeans and acting like you're the shit ... n then I see them stepping onto the public bus after the fight lol. The ego thing bothers me a little, well not bothers, but, it's amusing to say the least.

So ... this am we went for a little breakfast ... and I sunbathed for a while, but let me tell you it is so hot outside. So I'm about to curl up for a little while with this laptop and do some work and make the usual 10 thousand phonecalls to people back home.

x Expensive x

No comments: