Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ER + NYC


"It's colder than 10 bitches outside"

It's getting COLD. There are so many things I want to discuss.
For some reason I love feeling the cold night air ... in fact night-time in general gives me some sort of peace.
Recently the simple things in life have come to mean the most. Coming home to a back rub with peppermint oil after a long day, walking the dogs down to the waterfront and seeing the ny skyline, laying naked keeping each other warm with the cold night air coming through the open windows, having breakfast cooked for me, true friends, lunches at Slane with my bff, a bottle of wine and listening to biggie ;), girl-talks, laughing (the best medicine).

Today I learned how important our health really is. Riding the the back of an ambulance looking at NYC out the square back windows almost put me in shock. Seeing someone you love go through hurt and stress to the point where it effects their health is the worst. NEVER LET ANYONE OR ANYTHING STRESS YOU OUT. Sometimes you just have to say "fuck it". You cannot solve everything and you cannot keep everyone happy ... nor is it your job to. Puh-Lease.

Tonight I'm playing nurse ... because I'll be damned if my hard-headed girlfriend is gonna spend the night on her own after all THAT today. Um, yes, don't think I won't force feed her if I have to. There is NOT going to be a repeat of today on my watch lol. Wow. There was almost a K.O punch issued today because some fool pushed the wrong buttons ... shiiiiit ... I was not in the military, therefore SIR, don't even take some kinda offkey tone with me. You DID get put in your place ... no need for drama in a dramaful place.

So, goodnight, because it really is a good night ... my loved ones are happy and healthy and my team is oh so strong.

x E


No comments: